Saturday, September 5, 2009

New message!

So I went to check my mail after lunch today. I guess last time I was in the mailroom I must have left the little combination lock on my box on the last number of my combination, because all I had to do was turn it a little bit to the left and it opened right up - lucky thing, since I forgot my combo! But definitely not safe. Remember to spin your combo wheel thing!

Someone else (Hari??) seems to have also known how to get into lazy people's mailboxes, because I found something weird in there. It was a plain envelope, no address or postage or anything. Over the seal someone had written:
X MARKS THE SPOT

Inside the envelope there were four photographs, which I've scanned for you. Here they are.


Any ideas??? Maybe we have to solve the other cipher first for this one to make sense, but we can probably start trying to figure out what these pictures mean...

6 comments:

  1. appleton chapel is part of memorial church. maybe he wants to meet there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe! But why the other three photos too, then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. But at any rate we've identified Photo #2 as Memorial Church! The others look sooo familiar... I must pass them every day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. the 3rd one looks like that little chapel in the freshmen dorm block and where Philips Brooks House is. The last one I think is widner. maybe if we figure out the first one and draw lines connecting them, they will intersect somehwere?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is a real shot in the dark...

    It appears that all the pictures are from places on the yard (maybe the first is from a gate leading to the yard?); and if 'x marks the spot' maybe it's where paths meet on harvard yard that create an x?

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I'm right about the first photo being a gate leading to the yard at Grays Hall (next to the Harvard Square Station) and I draw a line from the gate to memorial church and another line from phillips brooks house to widener library... I get an X that marks the spot at University Hall or Weld Hall. Perhaps we can find who/what (Harri??) we're looking for there?

    ReplyDelete